Your business is growing and you either need to expand your current warehouse or build a new warehouse to support your growth. Sounds like a good problem to have! At least, until you have to decide what type of pallet racking system you need to install. In its simplest form, a pallet racking system is a material storage system. Pallet racking helps you stay organized within your warehouse and better manage your inventory. Choosing pallet racking, however, is not as simple as selecting a pallet rack brand and installing it. There several racking types that help you meet your needs. The type of racking you choose depends on a few criteria:
- How tall the racking needs to be
- What goods will be stored
- What the floor plan will be
- What type of inventory management system makes sense for your product and operation
- What types of forklifts you currently use or forklifts you intend to switch to.