“So, why are we any different from the rest?” What makes our forklift service effort not only different, but better for the customer? This is the million dollar question that if we can’t answer, we might as well just lower our prices or forfeit the business. The hard facts are the competition is not significantly different from us in many ways.
- Most have mobile service vehicles.
- Most have experienced technicians.
- Most have an inventory of replacement parts.
- Most offer different types of service agreements.
- Most have insurance coverage.
- Some may have ex-Toyota technicians. [There is a reason they’re ex by the way]
- Most or all have lower prices.
What do we tell potential customers when they ask you this question? We understand this is not the time to fumble around for an answer or to try and dazzle the potential customer with double talk. Normally, we only get one chance to plead our case so we try to keep it brief, to the point, and about the customer.
Why Our Forklift Service is Different and Better
Our philosophy is to continually improve our processes to provide superior quality and value in both our products and the services we offer. Our mission is to maximize our customer’s uptime and reduce their overall operating costs by reducing or eliminating emergency breakdown repairs with proactive maintenance services. When emergency repairs are needed, we provide fast and effective repair services. We accomplish this by reducing labor times for most repairs and stocking the parts needed in our service vehicles.
- TLM has thirty three technicians
- We have 27 service vans and a tire installation unit in service, as well as six shop technicians
- Our technicians have 475+ years of combined lift truck experience
- We employ technicians that have 200+ years’ experience working on Clark, Yale, Cat, Mitsubishi and other OEM lines
- Our average response time to emergency service calls is 2-1/4 hours
- Technicians have ASE Certification, as well as Toyota Certification. Each participates in Toyota Factory training, in house Toyota certified training, on-line E-learning, and ongoing quality reviews
- TLM has a total of ½ million in parts inventory
- Off the shelf availability exceeds 90%
- TLM and Toyota parts warranty is for 12 months parts and labor if the part was installed by our technician, six months for the part only if installed by the customer.
- TLM maintains seven full time parts staffers
- Forklift Service
- TLM service is available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day
- Overtime applies after 4:30pm and before 7:00am as well as weekends and holidays.
- Overtime calls are billed at a minimum of 4 hours, and at one time and a half of the customer’s standard labor rate.
- Forklift Service and parts synchronization is enhanced by TLM maintaining three full time parts personnel dedicated to filling the parts needs of the service staff.
- TLM has four full time assigned service and parts account managers, each account is assigned a rep and is contacted before, during and after the sale
- Replacement units are available during repairs, they are billed at a 15% discount rate from our standard rates, further if the estimated time of repair is exceeded, there is no charge for the rental unit beyond the quoted time
- We offer computerized fleet, and unit cost per hour reports, summary purchases per truck by year reports, and detailed service history reports
- We have two delivery units, a Kenworth with beaver-tailed lowboy trailer, as well as a Peterbuilt unit with rollback bed to facilitate fast, convenient delivery and pick up for repairs.
At the core, what sets us apart from all others is the ongoing improvements we work for in all areas of customer service. Nothing done yesterday counts as much as what we will do better tomorrow.
We would enjoy hearing from you. Post your ideas or comments below, let’s start a dialog.
For more information, insights or conversations regarding your forklift or material handling needs. You can visit our online contact form, call me at 763-315-9288 or email email@example.com. We would welcome the opportunity to cover your material handling questions or concerns. Toyota Lift of Minnesota works very hard to be your partner, and material handling consultant. You can also use our contact form below!
Questions, Needs or A Concern? Contact Me Direct .